How to remove a Facebook pixel
Yesterday I came across a question in Facebook help section. The user asked for directions on how to delete a Facebook Pixel. The person asking for help had made a mistake when they set up the pixel and wanted to remove it.
A Facebook pixel is a snippet of tracking code that tracks a Facebook user’s activity on a website. Website owners use the tracking pixel to improve their ad campaigns by remarketing to Facebook users who have expressed an interest in their products or services.
Although there was a lengthy response, the question was never accurately answered. Multiple replies to the answer asked for more information on how to delete a Facebook pixel. I use the Facebook Business Manager to manage pages and accounts. The answer is written from that perspective:
How to remove a Facebook pixel:
To delete a pixel:
- Go to the Facebook Business Ads Manager at Facebook Ads Manager
- Choose the account you are working with
- Then go to tools --> pixels
- In the lower menu, choose “actions”
- Then choose “edit pixel”
- A small pop-up box comes up with the pixel’s name
- Click on the “X” to the right of the pixel’s name to remove it
That’s it! That is how to remove a Facebook pixel.