How to Set Up a Google Analytics Dashboard
Do you need a better view of your best website types and ecommerce website strategy data? Custom dashboards in Google Analytics may be the answer to your needs. Learn how set up a private dashboard to organize views of your website traffic in Google Analytics.
A Google Analytics Dashboard is a collection of widgets – tables, charts, and graphs – that show an overview of reports and metrics you choose. A custom dashboard lets you monitor many metrics in one area of your Google Analytics account. However, setting up a dashboard from scratch could be a bit of a hassle. Here is a quick guide on creating a custom dashboard in your Google Analytics account. This assumes you already have Google Analytics tracking installed on your website.
Many Google Analytics users have contributed dashboards they have created into a gallery. You can set-up your own dashboard, or import one of the preset dashboards.
How to set up a Google Analytics Dashboard
- To create a Dashboard, log into Google Analytics
- Navigate to the account you want to add a dashboard to
- Select the Dashboards tab
- Expand the Dashboards tab
- Click +New Dashboard
- In the Create Dashboard dialog [Figure 1], select either Blank Canvas (no widgets) or Starter Dashboard (default set of widgets), or import a pre-set dashboard from the gallery
- Name your new dashboard a descriptive title
- Click Create Dashboard
That’s it! That’s how to how to set up a Google Analytics dashboard. To make it easier, here is a metrony YouTube video custom dashboard on how to how to set up a Google Analytics custom dashboard