Social Media Monitoring, or reputation tracking, is the process of identifying, listening and possibly responding to what is being said about a you, your company or brand across social networks. Whether you have a social media campaign or not, monitoring your reputation across social networks is an important part of business intelligence and strategy.
“When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.”
— Ernest Hemingway
Use Social media monitoring to identify, predict, and respond to consumer behavior. You can analyze social media conversations for real-time customer feedback.
Choose your objectives. Do you want to:
- Increase sales?
- Disseminate information like installation manuals?
- Convey information to prospective partners?
- Establish greater customer service and detect more buyer interest?
Create a Social Listening Strategy
- Identify your audience. Determine what social networks you are on and also those you want to be a part of
- Assign a professional listener who understands your objectives
- Empower your designated listener the authority to respond in real-time without the need for layers or review and approval
- Educate your monitor in customer service
Create a Social Media Response Strategy
- Determine what are acceptable responses for different types of comments
- Respond in a meaningful way when necessary
- Engage users by talking with them, not at them
- Be sincere, truthful, and timely. Use apps like Google Alerts, social Mention or TalkWalker to spot trends, interesting topics
It’s important to listen and be accountable. Social media can be used to establish closer relationship with partners and customers. Use it to drive customer referrals and traffic. Don’t forget to mine data for keywords and performance.
“To listen closely and reply well is the highest perfection we are able to attain in the art of conversation.”
— Francois de La Rochefoucauld
[…] I discussed the importance of social media monitoring to identify audience behavior for real-time customer feedback. One of the steps in reputation […]