Many organizations use their LinkedIn Company Pages to share news, post jobs and carry on discussions with their audience. Company pages are good for nonprofits too! Many philanthropic minded followers find it easier to keep tabs on the progress of their favorite charities via LinkedIn.
In a blog post yesterday, LinkedIn introduced a new feature called Showcase Pages to allow companies, nonprofits included, to feature a line of business within a company page. According to the LinkedIn intro page these pages:
Showcase what your business has to offer
Catch the eye of prospective customers by highlighting products, services, or anything else relevant to your business. Have customers add recommendations as credible, authentic endorsements of your offerings.
Examples of what you can spotlight:
- Products: The printers you sell or the book you wrote.
- Services: Your financial consulting packages or a list of your marketing services.
- Other: Events you’re organizing or your company’s mobile apps.
Nonprofits have several potential audiences and topics they can talk about:
- Donor relations
- Relevance and effect of their work
- Volunteer recruitment and relations
So how do you get begin? Log in to your LinkedIn account , navigate to your company’s or organization’s page. Click on “edit” then “products” then “Get started.”